The Challenge: Customers Repeatedly Create Fake Accounts for Promotions
Sweetgreen's generous new account promotions are being abused by customers looking to score heavily discounted or even free salads. This is impacting Sweetgreen's:
- Bottom Line
- Customer acquisition metrics
The problem is Sweetgreen's signup offers. For example, $10 off or a free salad for new accounts. While well-intentioned, these promotions are easily gamed. In Austin, I know people who've created dozens of fake accounts, saving hundreds of dollars.
Here's how it works:
- Customer scans QR
- Customer uses spare email or goes to a temporary/disposable email sites
- Customer creates new account with that fake email and then uses fake phone number
- Customer gets $10 off their next salad
- Repeat infinitely
The Impact: Lost Revenue and Skewed User Metrics
This account abuse means Sweetgreen gives away salads for free or near-free prices. Repeat offenders spin up new accounts without limits.
For some of Verisoul's clients, >40% of "new" users are actually repeats or fakes. This could cost Sweetgreen $ Millions in lost revenue and meaningfully skew acquisition data.
The Solution: Verisoul Stops Fake and Repeat Accounts
Here's how Sweetgreen can use Verisoul to prevent repeat & fake accounts:
- Disposable email detection - automatically flag and block signups from temporary/disposable email services
- Email similarity matching - scan new emails against existing user database to catch similar accounts
- Device fingerprinting - track unique device IDs to prevent multi-accounting on the same device
Verisoul gives Sweetgreen the power to shut down fake account creation while letting valid users sign up smoothly.
We'd even love to offer Sweetgreen a 30-day free trial to test out our platform's capabilities.
The bottom line? Sweetgreen's generous promos don't need to be a loss leader. With Verisoul's fake user prevention, you can offer the same great deals to real salad-loving customers without letting repeats eat into your bottom line!
Book a demo above or with the calendar below!